Audience: Suitable for large audiences who are not very familiar with ALP or other co-requisite models, for example, English/reading departments, state-wide gatherings of English faculty, or a group who are working on developmental redesign.
Purpose: To present a description and supporting data to explain why they might consider adopting a co-requisite model and to insure that they are aware of the issues involved.
Content: The presentation usually covers the following:
- The problem of low success rates in developmental courses.
- Description of ALP and other co-req models.
- The strengths and weaknesses of various models.
- Data demonstrating the effectiveness of co-requisite models.
- A discussion of budgetary issues.
Format: A PowerPoint presentation with questions and answers as time permits.